Protecting your personal data is very important to us, so in this privacy statement we tell you, among other things, what personal data we collect from you and why. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. We advise you to check this privacy statement regularly.
This privacy statement was last amended on December 7, 2022.
1. WHO ARE WE?
This is the privacy statement of Banli Media B.V., the Dutch media company behind Streaming Guider. Our number with the Chamber of Commerce is 85205575.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We do this, among other things, to increase the user-friendliness of our websites and to secure the website, to optimise your experience of our services, to personalise information for you, to recognise you on your next visit and also to be able to provide you with offers through other channels.
2.2 Social media
We can be found on various social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Twitter and TikTok.
If you follow us through social media, or communicate with or about us through social media, we may have access to some of your public profile information. If you share information about us through social media, your data may become visible through that social media. We also follow social media channels ourselves and may be able to access data on social media about you.
We can see how many times a particular post of ours has been shared and liked on social media to analyze its reach. We can also see if and, if so, what posts are made about us through social media channels of complaint sites. Therefore, we process the data necessary to optimize the content of our social media activities for our customers as much as possible, such as:
- Profile information of the respective social medium
- The viewed and posted content and messages related to Banli Media B.V.
- Metadata stored in the platform.
The purpose of this processing is to analyze the reach of our social media activities and improve customer satisfaction. We do this based on our legitimate interest. This data may be added to your customer file if you contact our customer service via social media, in order to answer your question or request. We do this based on an agreement with you.
If you participate in one of our contests via social media, we process, possibly in collaboration with a partner, the following data from you:
- Profile information of the social media
- Email address (in case of a digital prize)
- Address (in the case of a physical prize)
- Win contest entry, which may include photo and/or video material
We use this information to contact you about the prize draw and, if you have won, to send the prize to you. The basis for processing this data is the agreement you have with us.
On our websites and through ads on social media, you can sign up for our email newsletters. When you sign up for our newsletters, we process the following data:
- E-mail address
The basis for this is your consent.
2.4 Business contacts
From our business contacts we collect the following personal data:
- Name, email address, phone number
- Other contact information
- Function and company name
- Billing information
We process this data on the basis of an agreement, or our legitimate interest.
3. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We do not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or processed, unless a legal obligation requires us to retain certain data longer.
- Newsletter: we save your data to send the newsletter until you indicate that you no longer wish to receive it
- Special offers: we keep your data for 1 year
- Other: we store all other personal data for a maximum of 5 years.
If you have any questions about our retention periods, please contact us by sending an email to editorial[at]streamingguider.com.
4. TO WHOM DO WE PASS YOUR DATA?
In providing our services, we use the services of third parties to process your data, such as IT service providers, payment services, hosting providers and cloud services. These parties are then “processors” for us. We have entered into a processing agreement with those processors which includes, among other things, that they will secure your data properly and will only process it on our behalf.
Furthermore, we only provide data to third parties with your explicit permission or when we are obliged to do so by law and regulations, we are required to do so as a result of legal proceedings and/or in the event that we consider it necessary to protect our own interests and/or the interests of third parties.
5. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU?
We may use the services of third parties to process your data in accordance with this privacy statement. These parties may be located outside the European Union or they may use servers located outside the European Union, including in the United States. The level of personal data protection rights in these countries may be lower than in the European Union.
To ensure your privacy even in this case, we will only transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Union if that country offers an adequate level of protection and/or if other appropriate safeguards are provided. To this end, we will then enter into an agreement with the party to whom we wish to transfer your data.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of improper processing.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the following rights under privacy laws with respect to your personal data:
- Inspection: you have the right to know what personal data we process about you and why
- Correction: you have the right to have your data corrected if it is incorrect
- Deletion: you can ask us to delete your data, but we may refuse if we still need your data or if we are required by law to retain your data
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to process less of your data, for example if it is inaccurate or unnecessary.
- Objection: if we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you may object to the (further) processing of your personal data
- Data portability: you can ask us to transfer your data (data portability)
- Withdrawal of consent: if processing of your personal data is based on your (explicit) consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at editorial[at]streamingguider.com. Some requests can also be submitted via a form in the Customer Service area or via your account. If you are under 16 years old, the request must be made by your parent (or legal representative). We will respond to your request as soon as possible, at least within 4 weeks.
Do you disagree with a decision we have made, for example the decision not to delete your personal data? Or do you have a complaint about how or why we use your personal data? Then you have the following options:
- You can contact us: we will then try to find a solution together with you
- You can file a complaint with the Personal Data Authority via https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We have no control over the linked third-party websites. A different privacy statement may therefore apply. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for (the operation and/or content of) third party websites. More information on affiliate marketing link implementation can be found in our disclaimer and in the black bar at the bottom of the website.
For questions or comments about this privacy statement, please contact us at editorial[at]streamingguider.com